This workstream is focused on enhancing operational effectiveness through:
- Enhanced Flight Path Management and early identification of deviation
- Effective Design, Documentation and Use of Automation
- Enhanced support for developments that improve capability to perform take-offs and landings safely, repeatedly
- Enhanced space to manoeuvre obstacles and enhanced ability to detect and avoid obstacles
- Collaboration in support of Airbus Helicopter’s H225 Flight Crew Operating Manual; Sikorsky, Bell and Leonardo all working to publish FCOMs, covering all offshore helicopter types.
- Eye-tracking programme Phase 1 delivered and informing global activity to enhance the use of automation – with Phase 2 underway and due to complete by end 2017.
- Publication of Wrong Deck Landing research and guidelines
- Publication of Approach Path Management guidance materials
- Launch of 6 training videos on effective use of automation.
Safety Programme: High Potential Actions
These are the high potential actions identified in the HeliOffshore Safety Strategy for this workstream.