This workstream is focused on enhancing the reliability and resilience of the human/machine system through:
- Early diagnosis and resolution of potential failure, e.g. through best practise implementation of Health and Usage Monitoring Systems
- Operation with serviceable and suitable safety equipment
- Improved equipment reliability, including fewer single point failures, and system(s) redundancy
- Effective progressive maintenance
- Reduced operational impact of system failures
- effective detection and recovery
- reduced occurrence of “land immediately” events
- enhanced survivability of controlled ditching at sea
- Implementation of Health & Usage Monitoring best practice guidelines to enhance early detection at the frontline.
- Pan-industry action plan to implement enhanced Helicopter Terrain Avoidance Warning System by the end of 2017.
- Established Alternative Detection sub-group to identify and validate other methods of early detection.
Safety Programme: High Potential Actions
These are the high potential actions identified in the HeliOffshore Safety Strategy for this workstream.