This workstream is focused on enhancing the reliability and resilience of the human/machine system through:
- Early diagnosis and resolution of potential failure.
- Optimising the use of Health and Usage Monitoring Systems
- Working with OEMs to review existing alternate detection methodologies to identify safety enhancing improvements
- Operating with serviceable and suitable safety equipment
- Improving equipment reliability, including fewer single point failures, and system(s) redundancy
- Assessing technical and accident data, to identify causes of events, such as ‘Return to Base’ or technical failures that have contributed to accidents
- Reducing operational impact of system failures
- Effective Maintenance
- Ensuring effective progressive maintenance by reviewing aircraft maintenance documentation and training, and evaluating critical maintenance tasks, to ensure that manuals, tools and training procedures effectively support maintenance teams
- Error tolerant designs
- Improved airworthiness management
- Improving collaboration between operators’ maintenance teams to collect data on best practices and lessons learned for sharing across the industry
- Effective Supply Chain Management
- Implementation of Health & Usage Monitoring best practice guidelines to enhance early detection at the frontline.
- Established work groups to progress specific elements of the workstream.
Safety Programme: High Potential Actions
These are the high potential actions identified in the HeliOffshore Safety Strategy for this workstream.