This workstream is focused on enhancing the survivability of accidents through:
- Ensuring flight occurs in appropriate conditions with adequate rescue coverage
- Improved Certification Standards
- Enhanced Flotation Aids
- Introduction and enhancements of Emergency Breathing Systems
- Standardised Helicopter Underwater Emergency Training
- First component of Sea State study complete, with second phase in collaboration with the UK Met Office; complements work already underway in St Johns, Canada, with Memorial University Newfoundland and the Marine Institute.
Safety Programme: High Potential Actions
These are the high potential actions identified in the HeliOffshore Safety Strategy for this workstream.