HeliOffshore Conference and AGM 2017
“Global Collaboration, Frontline Results –
Deepening Our Delivery”
From 13-14 May 2017, more than 180 senior leaders participated in the third HeliOffshore Conference. You can download the presentations and other information below.
The event brought leaders together once again to share expertise; assess, refine, and accelerate our safety activities; and determine the measurement and feedback loops that will measure effectively the progress and impact of our safety strategy.
Industry leaders described the progress of HeliOffshore’s global collaboration and next steps for our industry. Watch the Progress and Next Steps video here.
FOCUS ON VALUE
- Summary of IOGP focus and commitments, including the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) Aviation Sub Committee’s list of highest value safety initiatives and its letter of support for the implementation of Helicopter Terrain and Awareness Warning Systems – or HTAWS (Steve Hawkes).
- Financial implications of catastrophic accidents and case studies from other industries where investment yielded great – and in some cases unexpected – benefits (Andrea Cicero, Babcock Mission Critical Services).
- The efficiency and financial benefits of collaboration across the system in the context of a challenging oil and gas environment (Dan Rosenthal, Milestone Aviation Group)
- Progress and Case Studies: HTAWS (Gretchen Haskins, HeliOffshore); Evidence Based Training (Tim Rolfe, Bristow Group); Reliability and Resilience (David Balevic, CHC Helicopter).
HUMAN PERFORMANCE/TOTAL SYSTEMS VIEW
Human performance experts, Dik Gregory and Paul Shanahan from GS Partnerships, presented to the conference and seeded discussion about how the industry can optimise support of people in the system and improve safety performance further. They described their SUGAR approach to human performance and led workshops on increasing organisational resilience and improving feedback loops.
- Power of reporting, data sharing, analysis, and trending to enhance safety and move to a more predictive approach to safety performance – from lagging indicators to a leading capability (Steve Predmore – Bristow; Simon Stewart – Babcock MCS).
- Joined up approach to investigation will prevent future accidents; particularly for smaller operators and those who operate in countries and regions with fewer resources for investigation (Robbert Strating – Hevilift).
- PHI, Sikorsky and Metro Aviation initiative to introduce Real Time HUMS (Dave Stepanek, PHI).
- How GE is partnering with HeliOffshore on our industry-wide safety data management system (SDMS) – creating a secure, integrated solution (Liz Ardila, GE Aviation)
This year, the Shark Tank focused on innovations relating to Reliability and Resilience. The Sharks considered innovations from Pratt and Whitney Canada, Spectro Scientific, Airbus, Leonardo Helicopters, SkyTrac, and State Safety Global. Delegates held a non-binding vote and joint winners were Airbus – for their Safelog innovation to improve packaging and monitor the transportation of parts between the OEM and Part 145; and Spectro Scientific for their Q5800 Expeditionary Fluid Analysis System (EFAS), a 33 lb., battery-operated, lubrication analysis lab-in-a-man-portable-case, providing comprehensive results in 10 minutes, on a flight line or in a maintenance shop.
GETTING IN TO ACTION
Hank Williams (Cougar) facilitated a session to condense the Conference’s presentations and discussions into a set of actions and agreements – continuing to drive forward the global safety programme.
Annual General Meeting
The Board and members welcomed Mr. Lance Bospflug as the most recently appointed member of HeliOffshore’s Board. The Board also recognised the immense contribution to the industry by Mr. Al Gonsoulin, who has resigned his position on the Board.
The meeting reviewed the HeliOffshore accounts and budget, and the association’s forward plan. The venue for the 2019 Conference and AGM was agreed: Athens, Greece.
Your feedback is welcome and vital to continuing to enhance the HeliOffshore Conference and AGM so that it as effective as possible. Delegates are invited to complete a survey at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HeliOffshoreConference2017
By collaborating on communications, we reach the frontline of our industry, supply chain partners, innovators, and the global offshore workforce. Please connect your communications team with HeliOffshore by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources available to help you to communicate about the conference and our shared safety strategy:
- Download Press Release
- View and Download Conference Photos
- Access the Conference 2017 Videos on our YouTube channel
- Download Member Logo – link from your website to our website at www.helioffshore.org using the member logo.
- Please follow us on Twitter: @HeliOffshore and LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/helioffshore-ltd