HELIOFFSHORE CONFERENCE 2016
From 13-15 May 2016, 180 senior leaders participated in the second HeliOffshore Conference, themed “Global Collaboration, Frontline Results”. You can download the presentations and other information from the conference here.
From 13-15 May 2016, 180 senior leaders participated in the second HeliOffshore Conference, themed “Global Collaboration, Frontline Results”. Delegates reached agreements and made commitments that have elevated our collaboration and focus resources to deliver safety breakthroughs. Click here to view a short video on the HeliOffshore Conference 2016.
Delegates endorsed the HeliOffshore Safety Strategy and its three focus areas: systems reliability and resilience; operational efficiency; and the enablers that help to deliver and enhance safe operations.
The industry also adopted a plan to conduct a collaborative review of offshore fleet to enhance reliability and resilience, and to accelerate implementation of enhanced terrain warning systems by end 2017 to increase warning time for pilots.
Our shared HeliOffshore Safety Strategy provides a common language and framework to enhance safety. It directs focus to those activities that, when performed well in the frontline, will prevent accidents.
- Download HeliOffshore Safety Strategy here
- Download Safety Performance Model here
- Download Safety Strategy Presentation
- Download Safety Strategy Folding Leaflet
SYSTEMS RELIABILITY AND RESILIENCE
Led by David Balevic, SVP Engineering and Operations, CHC Helicopter
Please nominate people to participate in this workstream and the collaborative review to enhance reliability and resilience by emailing email@example.com
Health & Usage Monitoring
Russell Gould and Malcolm Garrington encouraged operators to download the HUMS Best Practice Guidance and the Implementation Guide; continue to develop HUMS culture; ensure effective oversight and governance of HUMS processes; and, continue to provide feedback on implementation.
- HUMS Best Practice Guidance and Implementation Guide: http://helioffshore.org/safety-information/
- Download HUMS Presentation
Led by Jonathan Baliff, CEO of Bristow Group
To nominate people to participate in working groups on FCOM, HTAWS and EBT please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For support in implementing the FCOMs, please contact your OEM/s or HeliOffshore.
Helicopter Terrain Awareness & Warning Systems
Simon Harlow, Mark Prior and Tony Cramp presented on HTAWS
Members adopted a plan to accelerate implementation of offshore enhanced HTAWS and the following requests were made:
- Oil Companies/Operators: ensure safety benefits case is endorsed by key stakeholders
- Equipment OEMS: provide field loadable software updates/LRU exchange by December 2017
- Aircraft OEMS: help to identify any potential integration issues ASAP but at least by November 2016
- to install field loadable software updates/LRU exchange December 2017 onwards
- facilitate installations of Phase 1 by December 2017
- UK CAA/EASA: work together on H-TAWS Specification (warning thresholds only) – November 2016
- FAA adopt/support EASA work
- UK CAA: Circulate Phase 2 (HMI) report – January 2017
Evidence Based Training
Captain Mike Varney, President of the EBT Foundation, presented on Evidence Based Training.
If delegates have questions or comments about EBT, please email Timothy.Rolfe@bristowgroup.com
We encourage operators to participate in InfoShare and HeliOffshore Space – for more information: http://helioffshore.org/helioffshore-space/
- InfoShare Protocol
- Download Richard Phillip’s GE Digital presentation and you can view the GE video here
- Download Nigel Talbot’s Information Exchange presentation
- Download Mitch Snyder’s Information Exchange presentation
Norway accident update
The latest information on the 29 April 2016 Norway accident is available here:
By collaborating on communications, we will more effectively reach the frontline of our industry, supply chain partners, innovators, and the global offshore workforce. Please connect your communications team with HeliOffshore communications director Melinda de Boer: email@example.com
Resources available to help you to communicate about the conference and our shared safety strategy:
- Download Press Release
- Access Conference Videos: YouTube channel
- Access Conference Photos: https://helioffshore.box.com/s/7jju756iu3mh3hra4b60cd3p64ua3w8n
- Download Member Logo – We encourage you to link from your website to HeliOffshore’s website at www.helioffshore.org using the member logo.
- On Twitter, follow @HeliOffshore and please re-Tweet our news to help us to reach a wider audience
Quote used by Bill Chiles to close the conference: “It is not the critic who counts…”